Like most innovative concepts, the McAlister's Deli chain began as the simple idea of a restaurant novice. Our founder was a dentist who happened to have a passion for restaurants with fast, personal service and great food. He spent years tracking winners and losers, learning from both, watching for his chance to enter the game with something different.
Joined by his sons, our founder developed McAlister's unique combination of hearty-sized deli fare, served quickly with a side of Southern charm. So, in 1989, he opened the original McAlister's Deli restaurant in a converted gas station in Oxford, Mississippi. The response from customers was overwhelming and, as one might expect. There were many requests for franchises.
By 1995, McAlister's Corporation was recognized by INC. Magazine as one of America's fastest-growing, privately-owned companies. Its strength as a leading concept in "quick casual" category was noted by industry-leading publications. Attracted by McAlister's potential, veteran chain operator Phil Friedman became president in 1999. Today, his experience and leadership complements the founder's product expertise and vision, fueling the growth of the McAlister's chain as one of the nation's top franchise opportunities. It's still about pride. It's still about persistence. And more then ever, it's about potential.
The compelling McAlister's Deli story is one of opportunity, not only for our customers and employees but for those who are looking for a quality franchise investment. A growing number of individuals are enthusiastically joining the McAlister's franchise program in order to:
- Get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing franchise chain.
- Introduce an innovative restaurant concept to the market.
- Enjoy the multiple revenue opportunities of the McAlister's system, including in-store, take-out and catering sales.
- Gain the benefits of a streamlined operational system designed for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build a multiple-unit organization backed by a franchise training and on-going support program that was designed with the same thoroughness, pride and care as the McAlister's Deli restaurant concept itself.