Founded in 1995 by Joe Barbat, Wireless Toyz generated almost 95% of its revenue from the wireless paging industry. Two years later, the telecommunications industry turned in a new direction. Wireless phones were becoming more affordable and cell phones became an essential part of business and personal lives.
Anticipating the industry opportunities…
Wireless Toyz foresaw this emerging trend and began to focus their offering on cellular services. Their first service provider contract was with Ameritech Cellular. With an aggressive marketing approach and a core group of wireless experts, Wireless Toyz grew to become one of the largest cellular retailers in the Midwest for Ameritech Cellular and the five leading paging suppliers.
Pioneers of the retail wireless market…
In 1998, the wireless industry evolved yet again. New national cellular providers entered the marketplace to compete for market share dominance. Wireless Toyz recognized the enormous opportunity of providing multi-carrier choices to customers. By securing non-exclusive distribution agreements with Nextel, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Dish Network, and Direct T.V., Wireless Toyz secured its position as one of the first non-exclusive wireless retailers in the country.
The first Wireless Toyz store…
In June of 1998, the first Wireless Toyz store opened in Ypsilanti, Michigan with immediate success. The store was dedicated to offering customers almost every cellular and satellite provider in one location. Wireless Toyz stores feature a modern design, specialized merchandise, branded signage and the latest Point-of-Purchase software. In less than twelve months, Wireless Toyz opened multiple locations throughout Southeast Michigan. Thousands of customers were enjoying the “one-stop” shopping experience as we helped them find the best provider to fit their personal or business needs.
In September 2001, Wireless Toyz began franchising to entrepreneurs who wanted to capitalize on the growth of the wireless industry. In July of 2003, Wireless Toyz began offering Master Franchise programs to qualified individuals to develop certain markets across the country.
Wireless Toyz Today
Less than 10% of wireless retailers offer more than three carriers to customers. Wireless Toyz is in the top 2% of all wireless retail stores with five carriers and two satellite providers.
Wireless Toyz continues to develop a unique and innovative structure for marketing cellular phones and satellite TV. Before Wireless Toyz, cellular phones could only be purchased directly from the carriers or large chain stores. Wireless Toyz has created an ideal alternative.
Wireless Toyz’ Competitive Advantages:
- Knowledgeable wireless experts
- Outstanding customer service
- All major brands in one location
- Reliable after-sale care including training, repair and technical support
- Competitive pricing
- Over 150 locations operating in 24 states across the U.S.
1. The Premier National Wireless Retailer
Wireless Toyz is continuing to build on its past success. The market of multi-carrier stores is in an aggressive growth stage. In 2004, same-store sales were up by an average of 30%.
2. We’ve Partnered with the Biggest Brands in the Industry
One of our most valuable assets is our relationships with the wireless carriers:
3. Solid Franchise Support
Wireless Toyz franchisees enjoy many unique benefits including:
- Expert site selection and lease negotiation assistance.
- Volume pricing and commission compensation.
- Private intranet with daily operations and marketing support.
- Proprietary point-of-sale and financial management system to track sales & inventory.
- Greater efficiencies due to strong national purchasing power.
- Corporate staff members & carrier representatives always ready and committed to assist you.
- Turnkey store launch marketing program.
- Assistance in creating advertising for local marketing.
- National toll-free number 866.GET.TOYZ for routing customer calls to the nearest store.
- National discount distribution rates for our direct mailer program.
- Ready-to-air TV commercials and radio spots.
- On-hold telephone advertising program.
- National, regional and local marketing tools customized to your store.
Training and Development
Extensive pre-opening and in-store training.
- Monthly meetings, networking opportunities and annual convention.